Monday, March 2, 2009

Ridge

Ridge was finally baptized on the 28th of February by his big brother Dakotah. It was a special day and a date he will always remember, because he was baptized on his Grandma Martins Birthday! Ke'Nia and her cousin Shy sang the song "I Promise" A lady in our stake wrote the song. She was inspired at President Hinkleys viewing when His grandchildren promised to be grateful , smart, clean, true, humble and prayerful. They did such a great job! His grandparents came along with some of his Aunts and Uncles. My sister Penny and her family, Kens brother Alan and his family, Kens other brother Doug and his family, and Kens sisters kids Shy and Chance. Our family friend, Jeff Baltazar and his school teacher, Mrs. Gardner also supported him. We are so very proud of him and of his big brother Dakotah! Ridge I love you!!

My Race
The qualifications are over and I have qualified for this race
Always moving forward is the secret to reaching my eternal place
Pit stops are not an option but a necessity in my win
because prayer and scripture reading will keep me from sin
The finish line will be unseen as I move forward in my race
but I will endure to the end and I will win 1st place!
Caution flags must always be observed along the track of life
For there will always be danger no matter of I strive
Detours are always an option, but defiantly not wise
Sticking to the straight and narrow is always good advice
Bumps in the road may throw me a little but next time around I will know
I have hit that bump before and oh now I know..
That by trail and error I will race my own race and I will not be alone
for a Father-In-Heaven sent fans for me for reasons not always know
The greatest Trophy one can receive I cannot yet see
For how could I even imagine what's waiting for me?
So today I start my race!
Ready, Set, Go!

3 comments:

Linda said...

Yeah Ridge!

Laurie Jacobsen said...

Way to go Ridge!!!

Jeremy Saunders said...

yeah Ridge! And yeah Dakota! Bummers, Aidan turns 8 next year, and Aaron will only be 15! What a great blessing and example! And what great family support. Miss you Tammy, you look exactly the same!
mimi
(I mean young that is)